As part of JA StartUP program you and your team are invited to take part in all entrepreneurial initiatives that Junior Achievement Bulgaria is organizing.
One of the most interesting and popular event is the “Best StatUp Company of The Year”. This is an annual event that takes place in the beginning of June as part of JA Rising Stars Forum.
Within one day the university teams present their business ideas for a product or a services in front of jury members, audience and potential investors. Each StartUp company is given a stand, where they have access to customers and can test if their idea is worth.
The key elements of the competition are:
- Investment proposal
- Onstage presentation
- Elevator pitch and panel interview with Judges
OVERALL JUDGING CONCEPT
- Throughout the judging process, the judges think of themselves as potential investors in the companies that participate in the Challenge.
- The companies must meet the formal criteria for participation.
- Each judge has fictitious €100 000 and wants to invest it in one of the companies (if the company does not request an investment, each judge has a fictitious opportunity to co-own the company).
- The company who has met the formal criteria and received “investment” from highest number of judges (or if the company does not request an investment, the highest number of judges who want to co-own the company) will win the Challenge.
The jury looks for answers to questions:
“Would you invest your money in this enterprise?”
“Will this enterprise add value for shareholders and its wider circle of stakeholders?”
The winning team represents Bulgaria in the European finals, called Europe Enterprise Challenge (EEC). For 2015, the EEC will take place in Lisbon, Portugal from 2nd to 4th of July.
Since 2012, the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, Rossen Plevneliev is the patron of the event.
The official language of the competition is Bulgarian.
INTEL BUSINESS CHALLENGE EUROPE
Intel Business Challenge Europe 2014 is a competition for innovative products, smart technologies and interactive web&mobile applications in the areas of:
- Healthcare & Medical devices
- Energy and Cleantech
- People & Society
It is an excellent opportunity for teams to learn about how to develop and idea and turn it into a company as well as a chance to promote their project to a valuable network of entrepreneurs, academics, and investors. IBC Europe participants will have the opportunity to access resources to develop their idea, and receive advice and coaching from experts, mentors, meet other entrepreneurs, and receive feedback from the jury. The opportunity to interact with other entrepreneurs and coaching experts as well as get feedback from them will be available to all participants from the first round.
More information you can find HERE.
SMARTUp Challenge is an entrepreneurial program that provides young leaders (18 – 26 years old) in Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia with entrepreneurship and innovation skills needed to generate game-changing market value and new workplaces in their countries. Do you have a business idea? We’ll help you turn it into reality! Many brilliant business are lost because young people lack the courage or simply don’t know how to create their own workplaces. SMARTUp Program challenges you to get over your limits.
More information – HERE.